Tuesday, September 14, 2010

May I See Your ID Please?

Hope y’all have been having a great week.
This Sunday was not so eventful in church.  Granted I only made it 1 full hour before I had to get up and leave due to my sporting activities on Saturday.  I was fit to be tied with soreness and them darn hard plastic chairs were tearing me up. 
Although while I was there I managed to think about dating.  I mean what more is a single LDS member to do when surrounded by fellow single people?  The catcher is the age issue for me.  Granted just as Aaliyah once sang, “Age Ain’t Nothing But a Number.”  But I don’t think she was meaning I become a full fledged creep!  I know one like that and he always has this goofy grin on his face when he walks into a room of “college age ward” members as if he just won the Showcase Showdown on the Price is Right.  (Them people always look awkward.)  
A good portion, if not most, of this ward just graduated high school, Laurels, and Priest Quorum.  And here I was thinking that checking ID’s only had to be done when I tended bar.  Man was I wrong!  I now have to go from carding for booze to carding for wooing rights. I almost think I need to create a weekly line up to ask for ID’s that way I know when it’s safe to date a person, or shall I say at least take on a “first meeting event.”  I am not cut out for jail and I don’t want to be the poster man of a future Lifetime movie.  Although it might get a catchy little title if it did.  I’m thinking it will be called, ‘Holy Prey,’ or ‘Sacred Seduction.’  Yet the more I think about it the less I like the idea.  I’m too pretty for prison.  
I have a few more things to share but at this time I feel the need for bed rest.  
Till either later or next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment