Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Leave of Absence but Not a Leave of Stories

I know I know.  Who goes and starts a new blog and then drops off the face of the earth even with such classy LDS cliches to talk about?  Well I'm the kinda person who does such things.  So I say get over it and deal for you have some things to read that are more important.

In the last semi month I have been in and out of town on the weekends for work and then with the two weekends of conferences, General Conference and the Stake Conference I have had to really search out things to post on.  

One of the weekends I was away on a workcation I attended a ward with a friend I was staying with.  Now this ward is a family ward and most of the time when I think of family ward I think of screaming devil children (yeah I'm obviously not cut out for children raising) drooling all over.  I was pleasantly surprised this was not the case in her ward.  Granted there was some noise but overall it silence.

But let's look at the current ward I and the other ones several friends attend.

In my ward sometimes the sacrament portion is LOUDER than the family ward.  I have seen my fair share of coloring books grace the presence of the "college age" ward members laps.  During the last fast and testimony meeting before General Conference I was granted the whiff of peanut butter.  Not once but twice.  First off how old are we?  Also do you not remember what you do when you fast?  And peanut butter is nasty and totally gives you away maybe next time you bring Runts or fruit snacks, just a suggestion.

While hearing stories from a friend who resides in a different ward I was told of the coloring book incident.  Two girls sitting in front of her busted out crayons and coloring books right there in the middle of relief society.  Again, how old are you?  Doodling on your note-pad is more acceptable.  I would say though if you brought an Etch A Sketch and drew a detailed portrait of one of the current 12 Apostles I will pay no mind and not say a word.

I think if anything this week we have learned that we need to watch our ages and what we are doing in church.  Plus if you want to have a date with me then give up the peanut butter.  It stinks like poo and I won't be touching hands or other things that graced a peanut butter object.

No comments:

Post a Comment